CBD products are everywhere these days. However, if you’re new to the world of CBD, one of the biggest challenges when navigating cannabis derivatives is understanding the difference between terms like Hemp Extract and CBD Oil which are often used interchangeably. This is absolutely true if the products are labeled properly. The confusion comes from another product from the Hemp plant, Hemp Seed Oil that is also often named similarly. This is a very different product and is not made from the Hemp leaves and flowers, but instead Extracted from the Hemp seeds.
Hemp Extract or CBD Oil or Hemp Oil
From food, beauty and supplements, there are a number of cannabis inspired products that are currently flooding the market. So, how do you determine which Hemp products are right for you? To help you make the most informed decision, here are a few things you should know about Hemp Extract, CBD Oil and Hemp (Seed) Oil:
Hemp Extract and CBD Oil are Two Names for the Oil
- Origin: Hemp Extract and CBD Oil and other Hemp related products are made from industrial Hemp plants. These plants, including its stalks, leaves and buds, are the non-psychoactive variety of the more commonly known Cannabis sativa L plant. The Hemp Extract or CBD Oil requires less than .03% tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Some Hemp Extracts process the Hemp Extract further and reduce the THC to become “non-detectable” THC, which means that in current Hemp testing Labs, the THC is below detectable levels. Finally, there is also Hemp Extract or CBD Oil that processes the Hemp Extract so that only CBD remains, and is thus 100% CBD, with zero THC.
- Uses: Hemp Extract or CBD Oil can help your endocannabinoid system, which is a network of neurons that stimulate several functions within the body and support overall wellbeing.
- Benefits: CBD Hemp Extracts are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids that may help improve everyday wellness and vitality. It may also soothe tenderness in joints and muscles, and fabulous moisturizing benefits when applied as a topical.
Hemp Seed Oil
Often the confusion happens in the mis-labeling of Hemp Seed Oil, as Hemp Oil or even CBD Oil. Hemp Seed Oil cannot contain CBD, as it is extracted from seeds only. Nonetheless, Hemp Seed Oil has many other benefits.
- Origin: Hemp Seed Oil is extracted from the seeds. Technically a nut, the seeds do not contain any cannabinoids; thus, they are not a source of CBD.
- Uses: Hemp Seed Oil is very nutritious and can be consumed as an oil in baking, cooking and salad dressings. It is also a great hydrator in skin products.
- Benefits: Whether you are consuming Hemp Seed Oil or applying it topically, it is a wonderful product, full of essential fatty acids, proteins and minerals.
Find High Quality Pure Hemp Extract CBD Products at Strength of Hope
Fueled by our personal experience of helping a friend who was diagnosed with cancer, we knew Hemp Extract CBD could help her with the side-effects of the medical treatments. Strength of Hope has transformed into a successful company that is passionate about creating naturally-crafted, high quality Hemp Extract CBD products for other people with their own health concerns.
With so many cannabis related products available, we understand the need to simplify the process. That’s why we formulated natural products that only contain essential ingredients based on years of science and research. We believe that purity and simplicity power the effectiveness of nature’s healing.
Visit our online store to purchase your pure Hemp Extract CBD products or find our products at select CVS Pharmacies and other retail locations near you. We operate every Monday-Friday from 8 am–5 pm PST. If you have any questions or concerns about our products, please give our customer service team a call at 971-228-8034 or fill out our online form.
Warning: The FDA does not recommend hemp extract products for use while pregnant; YOU MUST CONSULT YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE USING THESE PRODUCTS IF YOU ARE PREGNANT.